Bristol Big'Uns
Welcome to our forums. The Bristol Big'Uns are a group of people who enjoy fantasy, science fiction and historical wargames. We tend to play mostly table-top wargames but you will sometimes see CCGs, CMGs, RPGs or board games. If this sounds like a hobby you currently enjoy then why not come along. The club is based at Iron Acton, between Bristol and Yate, in the recently refurbished Parish Hall and is held Sunday evenings from 6 pm until 10 pm. There are tables and chairs available plus various sized scenic mats and terrain for table-top wargames. Please bring with you any drinks or snacks that you require.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

17/11/2018 11:12 AM  #1

Newbie looking to visit/game on 18th

Hi all,
I’ve seen your group advertised and was thinking of coming along for the first time from around 7/7.30 onwards on the 18th Nov.
I’m recently getting back into the hobby and starting where I left off about 10 years ago with Middle Earth SBG. Have the new rules but need to put it all into practice and get some experience.

Is there anyone up for a Middle Earth game on the 18th who is willing to help show me the ropes?

Thanks,
Dan

17/11/2018 3:23 PM  #2

Re: Newbie looking to visit/game on 18th

Hi dan

Club usually kicks off around 6pm although I am sure if someone is available later they will shout up.

I don’t have the new rules yet although I do have the army lists.

Even if you don’t get a game look forward to meeting you at some point

Kind regards
Rob
www.scarabminiatures.com
www.warandconquest.co.uk

17/11/2018 4:10 PM  #3

Thanks for the response Robb. I’m working until 6 tomorrow hence not being able to make it for the beginning of the evening.
Will see if anyone replies, but look forward to meeting you too.

17/11/2018 8:55 PM  #4

Hi Dan,

Sorry for the delayed reply. Welcome to the club!I'm fairly new to the club myself.

I'm a regular Middle Earth SBG player so would be happy to show the ropes

If you still fancy a game let me know - what you'd like to play?

Cheers,

Andy

17/11/2018 9:52 PM  #5

Hi Andy,
Thanks for the welcome and response.
I’d definitely be up for that. Open to your suggestions about what to play with regards to type of match/scenario. Have a freshly (90%) painted Army of the dead of roughly 400-500 points that is ready to go so would be looking to use them if possible.
Other than that im open to anything in order to get some ME SBG experience!
Would likely be there around 7.15pm (due to work commitments) if that works for you?

Cheers,
Dan

17/11/2018 10:03 PM  #6

Hey Dan,

Army of the dead is a great choice nice and easy to paint too which is great.

Happy to play 500pts. I'll bring along an evil army, perhaps isengard.

In terms of the type of game we can either roll for the scenario or just play a standard game so you can focus on the learning the rules.

Looking forward to the game!

Andy

17/11/2018 10:05 PM  #7

Also, 7:15pm is fine with me, I'll be there from 6:30pm to set up a table.

Cheers,

Andy

17/11/2018 10:19 PM  #8

The ease of painting in order to get a new army together quickly was a large factor I must admit! I will bring along an old Aragorn model as well so I have some might points to play with (particularly as that is where my rule understanding is weak) so will have enough for a few more points/flexibility if you wish.
Isengard should make an interesting match up!

Happy with any scenario or standard game, happy for you to decide on that one.

Thanks

Dan

18/11/2018 7:16 AM  #9

Hi Dan, welcome to the club. I'm also a SBG player along with my mate Ian.I would pop down and say hi but this weekend I am at war of the Ring tournament in Reading. Hopefully in next week or two when I'm free we can play a game. 😁 cheers Dave

18/11/2018 7:46 AM  #10

Hi Dave,

Sounds great, I look forward to meeting you as well.
Good luck at the tournament!

Dan

18/11/2018 11:29 AM  #11

Hi Dan. Just a note of welcome as I don't play ME SBG. See you at the club.

Dreads
aka Dave

By the power of Greyskull!

21/11/2018 12:57 PM  #12

Are you going to be there on the sunday event in downend? just because I have those rohan if you want them.

21/11/2018 1:04 PM  #13

Are you going to be there on the sunday event in downend? just because I have those rohan if you want them.

Board footera