Bristol Big'Uns
Welcome to our forums. The Bristol Big'Uns are a group of people who enjoy fantasy, science fiction and historical wargames. We tend to play mostly table-top wargames but you will sometimes see CCGs, CMGs, RPGs or board games. If this sounds like a hobby you currently enjoy then why not come along. The club is based at Iron Acton, between Bristol and Yate, in the recently refurbished Parish Hall and is held Sunday evenings from 6 pm until 10 pm. There are tables and chairs available plus various sized scenic mats and terrain for table-top wargames. Please bring with you any drinks or snacks that you require.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

13/11/2018 8:04 AM  #1

Warfare Saturday 17 Nov

Hi all

I’m driving to warfare on Saturday with Nige and my son, I’ve got a spare seat in the car or 2 (son is small and can sit in the middle).  Let me know if you fancy a day out?

Cheers

Ken

Checkout my #Hobbystreak on Twitter https://twitter.com/bluesquareman

17/11/2018 11:20 PM  #2

Re: Warfare Saturday 17 Nov

So who went and what did you think?
I managed a couple of hours,did the B&B pick up some stock ;0) and a complete base copy  of Mars Attack for just £15,well happy with that as it’s not in print anymore :0).
Also had a look around the trade hall which was a bit tight room wise but some good stuff on view, I especially liked the look of Cruel Sea by Warlord games the ships looked very cool and a lot bigger than I thought they would be.....I might just have to pick this up.

18/11/2018 6:53 AM  #3

Nige, Jimmy and I went too.  Had a great time and I bought some dice for Vanguard and some 2400 scale ships of the line from tumbling dice.  I’ve already got the Osprey rules, Fighting Sails so will be doing some high seas action soon.  Saw Dave and Ian playing LOTR, some fantastic tables there.  Also saw Chris, doing Sails of Glory and Wings of War demos.  Overall a good show to go to as lots to see and do, easy and quick to get to and only £6 entry (Jimmy was free)

19/11/2018 7:32 PM  #4

@Lurkus Spleen

Cruel Seas looks good. I am tempted but do I need yet another game...?

19/11/2018 7:38 PM  #5

@Lurkus Spleen

Cruel Seas looks good. I am tempted but do I need yet another game...?

19/11/2018 10:13 PM  #6

Yes, obs!

Board footera