Bristol Big'Uns
Welcome to our forums. The Bristol Big'Uns are a group of people who enjoy fantasy, science fiction and historical wargames. We tend to play mostly table-top wargames but you will sometimes see CCGs, CMGs, RPGs or board games. If this sounds like a hobby you currently enjoy then why not come along. The club is based at Iron Acton, between Bristol and Yate, in the recently refurbished Parish Hall and is held Sunday evenings from 6 pm until 10 pm. There are tables and chairs available plus various sized scenic mats and terrain for table-top wargames. Please bring with you any drinks or snacks that you require.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16/9/2018 8:59 AM  #1

WOFCON Progress report

Day one.
Played 3 games at 150pts against Astterians,Plague & Nameless.
2 losses and a draw against the Plague sees me keeping up the Biguns traditions of being the strongest player as we go into day two and 3 games at 200pts ;0).
Also had a cracking game of Dungeon Saga on the evening and a couple of beers so been a good weekend so far.

16/9/2018 9:05 AM  #2

Re: WOFCON Progress report

Good one Steve.

Glad you enjoying yourself.

Nige

"We consider this our duty - to defend humanity against the scourge of intolerance, violence and fanaticism." (Massoud)

17/9/2018 9:30 AM  #3

I thought you were too old for this sort of thing Steve.

Glad to see you enjoyed yourself, and there's life in the old dog yet.

If you want to get ahead in life - get an axe.

John.

17/9/2018 10:02 AM  #4

I’m definitely feeling it today mate,lucky i’m off work for a couple of days to recover,to be honest if I couldn’t have got the time off I wouldn’t have gone.
On to day 2, 3 more games at 200pts this time.
Played Roy (from Sweden) and his GPCS first and managed another draw,next up was Dale and his Enforcers,this went right down to the wire with him killing my last model with the last shot of the game to take the win.Finally I played Bjorn (also from Sweden) and his Mazon Labs,a cracking game to finish the weekend but yet another loss.
So finished the weekend with 2 draws & 4 losses to end up 19th out of 20.
To be honest I think I had a chance in all the games but with the slight wrong move or not getting the command dice you need at the right time things just didn’t go my way but I had I great time and really hope I can make it back next year.
For anyone that is interested there’s loads of videos and pictures on the Deadzone Facebook page,I’ will warn you though you do get to see my ugly mug a couple of times ;0).

Last edited by Lurkus Spleen (17/9/2018 10:04 AM)

17/9/2018 5:54 PM  #5

It’s not just your mug - I will swear that I head your dulcet tones on the videos as well..

As a matter of interest, how were the points allocated, was it solely on win/draw or did you get bonus points for “a narrow loss”?

17/9/2018 7:50 PM  #6

It was 4pts for a win,2 for a draw & 1 for a loss then an extra 1 for killing an enemy leader.
I think they then used vp’s to sort out any ties.

Board footera