Bristol Big'Uns
Welcome to our forums. The Bristol Big'Uns are a group of people who enjoy fantasy, science fiction and historical wargames. We tend to play mostly table-top wargames but you will sometimes see CCGs, CMGs, RPGs or board games. If this sounds like a hobby you currently enjoy then why not come along. The club is based at Iron Acton, between Bristol and Yate, in the recently refurbished Parish Hall and is held Sunday evenings from 6 pm until 10 pm. There are tables and chairs available plus various sized scenic mats and terrain for table-top wargames. Please bring with you any drinks or snacks that you require.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16/7/2018 3:41 PM  #1

Club game at Revellie

There's interest in putting on a game in November. Do we have any literature that could be used to advertise the club?

Cheers

If you want to get ahead in life - get an axe.

John.

17/7/2018 7:36 PM  #2

Re: Club game at Revellie

I think Dreads produced some that was used last year

Kind regards
Rob
www.scarabminiatures.com
www.warandconquest.co.uk

18/7/2018 2:47 PM  #3

I'll knock something up.

Dreads

By the power of Greyskull!

19/7/2018 6:19 AM  #4

Spoken to Alan, and he plans to run a WaT at Reveille, so am helping him run that all day.
Probably in 15mm, but not sure on desert or NW Europe 44 yet.
Nige

"We consider this our duty - to defend humanity against the scourge of intolerance, violence and fanaticism." (Massoud)

19/7/2018 8:37 AM  #5

I will almost certainly be there with a trade stand but will help where I can

Kind regards
Rob
www.scarabminiatures.com
www.warandconquest.co.uk

19/7/2018 9:25 AM  #6

If it's been decided that we want to put on a game it will be necessary to see if there is space for us. Craig Austin shound be contacted asap.

Cheers.

John.

19/7/2018 9:55 AM  #7

John,

Just Sent an email off to him to book a table for us to do WaT at reveille.

Nige

"We consider this our duty - to defend humanity against the scourge of intolerance, violence and fanaticism." (Massoud)

19/7/2018 11:31 AM  #8

Fingers crossed for a slot.

If anybody wishes to help please register interest here.

Your club needs YOU.

Cheers

Last edited by Old g*t (19/7/2018 11:38 AM)

John.

19/7/2018 2:54 PM  #9

Rob,
Craig wants to know if you also want a slot for scarab miniatures?
Nige

19/7/2018 5:05 PM  #10

Nige -

I do, I will drop Craig a note now

thanks

Rob

Kind regards
Rob
www.scarabminiatures.com
www.warandconquest.co.uk

19/7/2018 5:13 PM  #11

If you want to do WAT using the 1/48th tanks, I can bring them although mine mainly suit Northern Europe

I will get a couple of copies of the rules so if anyone gets excited you can point them in my direction!
(On that note Nige not forgotten your tanks, will be ordering before I go on holiday so they can turn up once I get back)
If anyone wants anything rules or figs wise let me know in the other topic

Last year the club table was by the scarab stand in the main hall, so I have suggested in my note to Craig if that's possible this year - means I can play a bit in the afternoon once it gets quiet!

Kind regards
Rob
www.scarabminiatures.com
www.warandconquest.co.uk

04/9/2018 1:53 PM  #12

Is all on course to put a game on?

Cheers

John.

05/9/2018 12:06 PM  #13

Hi John - the plan is still to do WaT in the desert with 20mm tanks. I am busy building / painting the models and will need some club terrain inc a desert Mat. I believe the hall is closed that day so no club. We are having a go at WaT tomorrow afternoon at BIG if anyone is available.

Alan 

05/9/2018 3:38 PM  #14

Sounds like you have matters under control. Well done.

Re terrain, I think you should grab what you need in good time for your game and get it back as soon as you can.

Cheers

John.

05/9/2018 3:57 PM  #15

We will be clearer on what is required (terrain and other bits) after our run through tomorrow. I'll post a brief report.

Alan

09/9/2018 9:58 PM  #16

John,
Just fired off an email to craig.
As soon as i get a reply will let you know.
Nige

10/9/2018 2:39 PM  #17

Final jigsaw piece then Nige. 

Felt really encouraged following chats with Mike & Nige.

Cheers

John.

11/9/2018 9:28 AM  #18

John,

Got this from Craig today.

I fail to understand why he didn’t tell me that he’s not organising the show when I first contacted him months ago, and given me the right person to contact.

I’m going to email Andrew Clements whose the secretary of the club.

Bit miffed that he didn’t mention his status when I asked him. He didn’t even say anything when I spoke to him at the thornbury show.

Nige

Thanks Nigel,
I've passed it on to the others at LBWS.
Game sounds great & thanks for the offfer
I'm not sure who is organizing the games this year. I've offered to but I also stood down from the LBWS committee this year & dont want to tread on my successor's toes as it were. I'll get this sorted & get back to you asap.
Thanks
Craig

11/9/2018 11:13 AM  #19

Isn't it good to be in club that has a handle on things? Keep on keeping on.

I'm seeing Andy & Craig Sunday week, if anything needed let me know.

Cheers

John.

12/9/2018 8:19 AM  #20

Hopefully Nigel and John can sort out us actually having a table at Reveille - needs to be just over 6X4  to accommodate dashboards and other bits around the edge.

For What a Tanker we will have a good selection of 20mm models and Howard and I have enough terrain - we just need the club's 6X4 desert map please. Other stuff we need include MDF dashboards - Steve and Dave may we borrow yours please? Also some publicity - I think thats you again Dave.

The most important thing we need is help on the day. The game will be for 6 players (3 Axis and 3 British) players can join in as soon as a space becomes available so the game will roll all day (lunchbreak?). There will no kill rings but maybe some tangible reward instead. Tanks will be drawn at random. So we will need folk to advise / help new players and to join in the game if there are not enough punters so there is always a good buzz about the game. Let me know by posting if you can help on the day. We will run a game at the club before Reveille to bring everyone up to speed.

Thanks

Alan 

12/9/2018 9:15 AM  #21

Hi Alan,

I asked for a 6’ x 4’ table and a small one for us to use for all the game paraphernalia.

I emailed Andrew clement directly but still no reply.☹️

Nige

12/9/2018 9:56 AM  #22

Happy to do a shift at the table after i’ve done my shopping ;0).
Of course you can use my dashboards,will bring them down club next time i’m down.
Cheers,Steve.

12/9/2018 4:35 PM  #23

Hi John,

I’ve posted on their yahoo group as well, so hopefully I’ll get some sort of response.

Nige

17/9/2018 8:47 AM  #24

Urrah,

Just got confirmation that we have a table for the clubs WaT at reveille and that Rob has a table for scarab miniatures as well.

So volunteers are need to help Alan, so girdle up your loins and come and help out. I’m going all day.

Nige

17/9/2018 9:10 AM  #25

Thanks Nigel.

Steve - thanks for the loan of the dashboards - I will be at club this Sunday.

Alan

Board footera