Bristol Big'Uns
Welcome to our forums. The Bristol Big'Uns are a group of people who enjoy fantasy, science fiction and historical wargames. We tend to play mostly table-top wargames but you will sometimes see CCGs, CMGs, RPGs or board games. If this sounds like a hobby you currently enjoy then why not come along. The club is based at Iron Acton, between Bristol and Yate, in the recently refurbished Parish Hall and is held Sunday evenings from 6 pm until 10 pm. There are tables and chairs available plus various sized scenic mats and terrain for table-top wargames. Please bring with you any drinks or snacks that you require.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15/8/2021 6:22 PM  #1

Gaming at BIG Today

Sunday saw me reflecting on the action I had seen and taken part in at BIG over the years as today’s game would be my final one at the Brislington venue, boohoo. Using TMWWBK, would my Mahadists overcome Mark’s Indian Mutiny force consisting of 2 regular Infantry units supported by a unit each of Elite Bengal Lancers and Tribal Cavalry. I used my normal 4 Tribal Infantry & 4 Tribal Cavalry. None of my units had any Upgrades (or Downgrades, for that matter).

We undertook Scenario E – Run to the hills, I won the roll off and became the Attacker.

I sent most of my Infantry to invest the central village and lurk in the wooded area on my right flank, whilst half my Cavalry and remaining Infantry unit moved to secure my left flank and tempt the enemy Cavalry to peel off from their column of march. The enemy Infantry scurried up the board hoping to escape my wrath.
The Bengal Lancers certainly ‘stuck it to’ the lone Infantry on my left, but suffered from ghastly dice rolling on my part, reducing them to a solitary figure in short order. The enemy’s remaining Tribal Cavalry baulked at this and decided to mill around and await the inevitable Mahadist assault. I was here not to disappoint and crushed them with two Cavalry units.

Although my success on my left was gratifying, I had to do something about the two powerful Infantry units making good progress up the board. To this end the Infantry in and around the village and lurking in the wood made a dash for the enemy Infantry, with mixed results, but it did end up delaying them sufficiently to enable my Cavalry to bring them to their knees, well you would if you dish out 8 casualties and 6 casualties in a turn.

The bones of the Infidels are bleaching on the sands, whilst my survivors are basking in the sun.

We did spend some time with Jim discussing the Bishopsworth venue. BIG will be sharing the Trade Windows building at 11-16 Cater Road, Bishopsworth, Bristol. BS13 7TW. The Plan is to be open for business Wednesday 1 September; with the final gaming session at the Brislington venue Tuesday 31 August. A seamless transition – fingers crossed.

Cheers

If you want to get ahead in life - get an axe.

John.

Board footera