Bristol Big'Uns
Welcome to our forums. The Bristol Big'Uns are a group of people who enjoy fantasy, science fiction and historical wargames. We tend to play mostly table-top wargames but you will sometimes see CCGs, CMGs, RPGs or board games. If this sounds like a hobby you currently enjoy then why not come along. The club is based at Iron Acton, between Bristol and Yate, in the recently refurbished Parish Hall and is held Sunday evenings from 6 pm until 10 pm. There are tables and chairs available plus various sized scenic mats and terrain for table-top wargames. Please bring with you any drinks or snacks that you require.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09/7/2020 8:10 AM  #1

UPDATE: Hall reopening

From the Parish Hall Committee:

"Dear War gamers
We will be opening the Hall from the end of next week so you may hold your first meeting on Sunday 19th July.  We will be sending out an appendix of additional regulations on top of our regular Hiring Agreement.  We will not be allowing the use of either the bar area or the kitchen due to the amount of deep sanitising that would be required after each session.  You will be able to bring in your own food and drink as long as any waste is disposed of appropriately or taken away from the premises.
The details will follow at the beginning of next week.  You will need to keep your track and trace register of all those attending your meetings. A responsible person will have to sign the Parish Hall register for each meeting.
The details to follow.
Regards
Meryl "

I will keep you posted when more details arrive.
Dreads

By the power of Greyskull!

09/7/2020 8:44 AM  #2

Re: UPDATE: Hall reopening

I'm assuming we will be allowed to go to the terrain cupboard via the kitchen area?

09/7/2020 5:32 PM  #3

Thats a good question which would also include the mats, - and possibly we may need to bring our own kit for a period of time.

I am sure Dreads will secure an answer

Kind regards
Rob
www.scarabminiatures.com
www.warandconquest.co.uk

09/7/2020 7:10 PM  #4

We will be able to use the terrain area but not the kitchen or bar.
Our terrain will be fine to use as we are only using it once a week and the C-19 virus can not live on these type of areas for more than 48hrs I think Dread said?

10/7/2020 5:52 AM  #5

Here's an extract from Lincombe Barns opening strategy:

As you may know we are planning to fully reopen the club from Sunday, 19th July 2020, and the committee has developed a plan and risk assessment on how we will run the meetings to minimise the risk to our members.

To test this plan we are looking for a few volunteers to join us on Sunday, 12th July - following which we can refine the plan and circulate it to everyone - if anyone is interested please can you let us know ASAP. We would like people to be playing "real" games so that we can see how things work in practice.

There will also be no refreshments on sale for a while, but there will be a bit of a give away so that I can clear the old stock.

The meetings on the 19th and 26th July will be free to members, following which there will be some "special offers" on the gaming fees, more details to follow. Plus those of you involved in the trial run on the 12th will also have a free meeting.

Please can you all bring along a face covering, as these will need to be worn if you are within two metres of someone to your front, part of the trial run will be to see how the spacing works during an actual game. There will be some disposable face masks available if needed.

There will also be hand sanitiser, etc. available.

Hope it helps

If you want to get ahead in life - get an axe.

John.

08/9/2020 9:59 PM  #6

Given this evening’s announcement by the Government, I am assuming that this Sunday will be the last club night for the foreseeable future

09/9/2020 6:05 AM  #7

We are waiting to hear from the parish hall at the moment. Hopefully there will be an update later today to let us know.

13/9/2020 9:09 AM  #8

Below is an extract from Lincombe Barn on "six of the best"...

=16pxAfter reviewing the Government guidelines for Community Centre there seems to be some doubt as to whether it applies to us, and the Barn is seeking advice on this matter.

=16pxIn the meantime I suggest we treat each game as a separate group, I think we also need to try and get more face masks in evidence, perhaps at the least wear them when moving between games.

A little glow of positivity?

Cheers

John.

13/9/2020 9:36 AM  #9

That is indeed a bit of positive news

13/9/2020 12:26 PM  #10

Apparently Jim at BIG is of the opinion that a table is a social group, so provided tables are spaced appropriately and games do not have too many participants, this could be a way forward.

Cheers

Last edited by Old g*t (13/9/2020 5:20 PM)

John.

14/9/2020 8:23 PM  #11

On that basis there could be no more than four people per game with two on each side of a 6 x 4 table to maintain the required social distance of 1 metre plus if wearing a face covering. BIG limit it to two people per table.

Mike

14/9/2020 10:36 PM  #12

Here is the message we’ve received from the hall provider.

Hello everyone

I thought I would update you following this weeks announcements from the Government regarding Covid 19 restrictions. The advice we have received is that because the Parish Hall is regarded as a Covid secure building, following the precautions we have in place, we are able to continue with our meetings. 

Please make sure you adhere to all regulations so hopefully we can continue with our limited bookings.

Many thanks for your cooperation and continued support.

Kind regards

Meryl

Board footera