Bristol Big'Uns
Welcome to our forums. The Bristol Big'Uns are a group of people who enjoy fantasy, science fiction and historical wargames. We tend to play mostly table-top wargames but you will sometimes see CCGs, CMGs, RPGs or board games. If this sounds like a hobby you currently enjoy then why not come along. The club is based at Iron Acton, between Bristol and Yate, in the recently refurbished Parish Hall and is held Sunday evenings from 6 pm until 10 pm. There are tables and chairs available plus various sized scenic mats and terrain for table-top wargames. Please bring with you any drinks or snacks that you require.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04/5/2020 5:44 PM  #1

Infamy, Infamy - Two Fat Lardies

I have been watching the series of videos from TFL on YouTube about their upcoming ancient rules "Infamy Infamy". Has anyone else seen them? 

Although there are some lovely looking 28mm plastics available I have a ton of unused 15mm so may use them for this project. Small-ish armies suit me very well and these rules seem to need 40-60 figures per side.

Looks like the rules will only cover Imperial and Republican Roman armies and enemies to begin with, with Carthaginian and Greek armies and enemies to follow in a supplement.

20/5/2020 8:20 PM  #2

Re: Infamy, Infamy - Two Fat Lardies

Seems that the rulebook will be available for preorder in 3 or 4 weeks

21/5/2020 7:35 PM  #3

Hi Andy,

Alan, Howard, Nige and me have all been inspired by the YouTube videos and having joined in a demo game at Crusade I can vouch for it being an interesting and entertaining set of rules, as is usual with TFL products. We will be sticking with 28mm although Alan is going down the route of using Peter Dennis paper soldiers. Makes good sense for you to use 15mm if you already have plenty of them and no reason why the rules won’t work equally well.

Fingers crossed we will actually get to play a game at the club before too much longer.

Cheers

Mike

22/5/2020 7:16 AM  #4

I've not seen the videos as yet, but since "wargaming" has been limited to feeding my YouTube habit, I will be taking a look soon, rest assured..

If you want to get ahead in life - get an axe.

John.

22/5/2020 11:18 PM  #5

Well my old unused and unpainted figures, originally intended for DBA , have proved enough for a reasonable sized Caesarian Roman force but without the rulebook i am unclear what i will need in the way of officers, musicians, standard bearers etc. In lockdown mode i have made some good progress painting them and they are starting to look ok.

As for opponents i have a Gallic/Ancient Brit force which needed a bit of bulking out but Essex Miniatures promptly provided some suitable 15mm reinforcements. These have only progressed to the undercoat stage so far but will receive attention soon.

Pictures to follow when the armies are presentable.

23/5/2020 6:49 AM  #6

The dearth of (albeit draft) rule detail is disappointing, but I guess they will follow the Lard formula.
I may well have sufficient 15mm & 25mm figures...

Cheers

If you want to get ahead in life - get an axe.

John.

04/6/2020 8:26 PM  #7

15mm Romans have been painted (pictures to follow on the group Facebook page). Starting work on Gauls/Brits as opponents now

15/6/2020 10:53 AM  #8

For all those interested a preorder for all game components (RB, tokens & cards) has gone up on the TFL site.

https://toofatlardies.co.uk/product/infamy-infamy-theyve-got-it-all-infamy-bundle/?

15/6/2020 1:40 PM  #9

A nice touch is that they send you a PDF of the rules on release day when you order a hardcopy of the rulebook.

29/6/2020 3:41 PM  #10

AndyT wrote:

A nice touch is that they send you a PDF of the rules on release day when you order a hardcopy of the rulebook.

Yep mine turned up this morning, hate trying to read stuff on a computer or tablet though so will await the delivery of the real thing.

29/6/2020 8:13 PM  #11

Yes a printed version is best. Having started to read the PDF i now realise i need to buy just a few more figures ha ha

Board footera