Bristol Big'Uns
Welcome to our forums. The Bristol Big'Uns are a group of people who enjoy fantasy, science fiction and historical wargames. We tend to play mostly table-top wargames but you will sometimes see CCGs, CMGs, RPGs or board games. If this sounds like a hobby you currently enjoy then why not come along. The club is based at Iron Acton, between Bristol and Yate, in the recently refurbished Parish Hall and is held Sunday evenings from 6 pm until 10 pm. There are tables and chairs available plus various sized scenic mats and terrain for table-top wargames. Please bring with you any drinks or snacks that you require.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01/2/2020 9:30 AM  #1

Facebook

Hi peeps, is there a way that we can set up a closed Facebook  group so we can arrange to meet games on there. As nowadays I don't really use the forums that much and I think that's the same for some others. As you're more likely to get a notification of someone responding. People can post up pictures of their games others might seem interesting navigating systems. Could use those pictures to be put on the main Facebook group to show that the club activities.

01/2/2020 2:38 PM  #2

Re: Facebook

The creation of a group seems to be straightforward. What I struggle with are the implications of the settings.

Really someone who understands such stuff needs look after the club's electronic presence.

Bright young things,  step forward.

If you want to get ahead in life - get an axe.

John.

02/2/2020 2:19 PM  #3

I have set up a page BUT - I can't figure out if its private or not..

Its imaginatively called Bristol Big Uns gaming organiser

Anyway, lets see if it works. If not I can delete it - we could just use the main club page or if someone can set up something more useful than great.

I sent some invites out but others will need to share if I don't have your facebook account (why aren't you my friend )

Kind regards
Rob
www.scarabminiatures.com
www.warandconquest.co.uk

02/2/2020 2:53 PM  #4

Going to Groups on main menu I cannot see any groups, which may mean something...

Cheers

John.

02/2/2020 3:43 PM  #5

Its created as a page rather than a group, no idea if you can make a page private.

02/2/2020 7:19 PM  #6

Ah right oh - will check that out

Kind regards
Rob
www.scarabminiatures.com
www.warandconquest.co.uk

02/2/2020 7:31 PM  #7

Right its now set up as a group and its private so you have to ask to join - I assume that's what was wanted - the group is visible to the wider world though so new members can find it as well as the club page

Please tell other club members about it

Kind regards
Rob
www.scarabminiatures.com
www.warandconquest.co.uk

02/2/2020 7:57 PM  #8

I'm not seeing a group from the Groups tab. Mind you I could be doing something wrong. ..

Cheers

John.

03/2/2020 12:27 PM  #9

John.

03/2/2020 2:02 PM  #10

I think Rob deserves a Sherriff’s badge for his sterling work on the Facebook group.
I bumped into Dave, who raised this topic, at BIG’s LoTR event and he and his opponent mentioned several other ways that people contact each other to arrange games.
I think the club may benefit from someone(s) who understands such things offers some guidance on such matters.
Cheers

John.

03/2/2020 5:13 PM  #11

Theres several social media platforms, and if practical happy to look at other options if we think they are useful to promote the club

Kind regards
Rob
www.scarabminiatures.com
www.warandconquest.co.uk

07/3/2020 10:32 AM  #12

The game organising page/group doesn't seem to be linked to the main Facebook group/page, but I seem to have been able to create a group that can be public or members only. Perhaps this approach would be better.

Cheers

John.

Board footera