Bristol Big'Uns
Welcome to our forums. The Bristol Big'Uns are a group of people who enjoy fantasy, science fiction and historical wargames. We tend to play mostly table-top wargames but you will sometimes see CCGs, CMGs, RPGs or board games. If this sounds like a hobby you currently enjoy then why not come along. The club is based at Iron Acton, between Bristol and Yate, in the recently refurbished Parish Hall and is held Sunday evenings from 6 pm until 10 pm. There are tables and chairs available plus various sized scenic mats and terrain for table-top wargames. Please bring with you any drinks or snacks that you require.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04/3/2019 10:45 AM  #1

Dreadball Sunday.

Hi Sports fans,
Dreadball will be coming to the Biguns this Sunday again, Me & Matt will be playing/running games if anyone else wants to join in,we have plenty of teams available to go around.
If there’s interested we are hoping to run this once a month,so if you ever fancied giving this game ago here’s your chance,sign up below :0).

04/3/2019 1:11 PM  #2

Re: Dreadball Sunday.

Nice feature Steve  (& Matt); best of luck with this Sunday & ongoing.

The impi is facing the thin red line once more at BIG Sunday.

Cheers

If you want to get ahead in life - get an axe.

John.

05/3/2019 5:48 PM  #3

To elaborate on Steves post:

The aim is to play Dreadball on the 2nd Sunday of each month. So far there is Me, Steve and two other local guys (one of whom helped write 2nd edition).If you havent played before, the free version of the rules can be found on the mantic website.

The format is planned to be as follows:

If we have an even number of players, play standard one on one games. It's a fast game so you can get 2 games in over the course of an evening, even if you're new!

If we have an odd number of players, there is Dreadball Ultimate, which can accommodate up to 6 players and is one hell of a lot of fun. 

I have 3 pitches, and a whole bunch of teams for people to borrow:

Meta Bots
Ada-Lorena
Humans (Corporation)
Convicts
Zee
Tsudochan
Hobgoblins
Judwan

I also have the following, they're unpainted, however a request to borrow may encourage the brushes to come out!

Z'Zor
Koris
Asterians
Crystallians
Yndij
NeoBots
Forge Fathers (Dwarfs)

11/3/2019 9:55 AM  #4

A couple of cracking games last night, thanks Matt.
We will be having another Dreadball evening on the 14th of April if anyone else fancy’s joining in?
Don’t worry if you haven’t got a team as we have plenty between us,just post up here and we can sort you one out for the evening.
Cheers,Steve.

10/4/2019 1:37 PM  #5

Just a heads up chaps, if you fancy giving it a go we’re playing again the Sunday.

17/4/2019 11:50 AM  #6

Right you are chaps the next Dreadball Sunday will be on the 19th May so sign up here now for some more sporting fun.

24/7/2019 6:18 PM  #7

Is anyone interested in a game of Dreadball on Sunday 4th August as I am not able to make the 11th for the normal night?

Let me know, cheers,

Simon

24/7/2019 7:26 PM  #8

Hi mate,
We could always change Dreadball Sunday to the 4th.......just saying :0).

24/7/2019 7:29 PM  #9

That would be amazing if it is not too much trouble.

25/7/2019 9:50 AM  #10

Sorted, Dreadball evening in August will be on the 4th not the 11th for anyone interested in joining in  :0).

25/7/2019 9:50 AM  #11

Sorted, Dreadball evening in August will be on the 4th not the 11th for anyone interested in joining in  :0).

25/7/2019 10:29 AM  #12

Amazing. Thanks for that. My Basilisk Berserkers will be there for their debut 😁

14/8/2019 8:33 PM  #13

Are we on for 8th September for some matches?

14/8/2019 9:50 PM  #14

Can’t do 8th as i’ve got a game booked with Ed but can do the 15th if you can?

15/8/2019 7:23 AM  #15

15th sounds good matey. I might try and get my Yngid painted up before then and give them a run out.

15/8/2019 8:33 AM  #16

Cool, game on.

08/9/2019 10:20 AM  #17

So a heads up for all  existing or  potential  Dreadball coaches, the 15th of September is Dreadball Sunday again, me and Simon P are already playing who else what’s to get involved.
I will also be bringing a bucket load of spare teams which will be available to buy at very reasonable prices if anyone is interested, prefect if you fancy playing in the Bristol Brawl Dreadball Tournament coming up in January 2020 ;0).

08/9/2019 12:25 PM  #18

Provisionally I might have a go, forget if I have a game booked with Ken or not

Kind regards
Rob
www.scarabminiatures.com
www.warandconquest.co.uk

14/9/2019 1:07 PM  #19

I will try and make it although unlikely to be there at 6 nearer 6.30 but I can watch 

Kind regards
Rob
www.scarabminiatures.com
www.warandconquest.co.uk

Board footera