Bristol Big'Uns
Welcome to our forums. The Bristol Big'Uns are a group of people who enjoy fantasy, science fiction and historical wargames. We tend to play mostly table-top wargames but you will sometimes see CCGs, CMGs, RPGs or board games. If this sounds like a hobby you currently enjoy then why not come along. The club is based at Iron Acton, between Bristol and Yate, in the recently refurbished Parish Hall and is held Sunday evenings from 6 pm until 10 pm. There are tables and chairs available plus various sized scenic mats and terrain for table-top wargames. Please bring with you any drinks or snacks that you require.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08/7/2019 8:54 AM  #1

Kings of War slow grow campaign

Hi,

It may not have gone unnoticed that the 3rd edition of Kings of War is dropping in September/October. I don’t think Steve has really mentioned it at all come to think about - so this could still be Mantic’s best kept secret😉

Anyway, we thought it would be a great idea to run a slow grow campaign to get to grips with the new rules, and maybe give some inspiration to get some armies built.

So what we are proposing is to have a monthly KOW evening with an initial 500 point game/games, it’s likely at the smaller points levels we’ll be able to get a couple of games in an evening. Then increase armies by 250 points a month up to 1,500.

If anyone is interested let us know and as we get closer to the release we will firm up the structure of the campaign🙂

Cheers

Ed

08/7/2019 11:52 AM  #2

Re: Kings of War slow grow campaign

Well I don’t know, I’m a bit busy..........who am I trying to kid  ;0) i’m in and i’ll be doing Abyssal.
Did I mention that i’m excited about 3rd, I don’t know I might not have mentioned it but I’m sooooooo excited about 3rd :0).

08/7/2019 2:01 PM  #3

Im in.

I'll do kingdoms of men....
That way I dont have to paint yet another army :D

08/7/2019 6:46 PM  #4

Excellent, I am going to be dabbling in the Basilea.

09/7/2019 9:32 AM  #5

Sounds like a good incentive to finally painting some goblins.

Count me in!

Mike

09/7/2019 2:06 PM  #6

Welcome aboard chaps :0).
For those that are on Facebook i’ve Just started a page for this, you should already have an invite to join ;0).

10/7/2019 10:38 PM  #7

Go on then, will bring some......Varangar!

11/7/2019 6:37 AM  #8

Trust you to bring the filth ;0).
Welcome aboard mate:0).

11/7/2019 7:59 PM  #9

Excellent, looks like there should be a good mix of forces. Getting kind of excited🙂

13/7/2019 6:05 PM  #10

Lurkus Spleen wrote:

Welcome aboard chaps :0).
For those that are on Facebook i’ve Just started a page for this, you should already have an invite to join ;0).

How would I get access to said page?

13/7/2019 9:44 PM  #11

If you just ask to join or let me know you Facebook handle i’ll Invite you.....I think that’s how it works but i’m no expert ;0).

26/7/2019 6:46 AM  #12

What is the Facebook page called? Can't seem to find it.
Don't have a team yet but would be good to try and get involved 😁

26/7/2019 9:48 AM  #13

Bristol Biguns Kings of War Campaign.

Just ask to join and will sign you up ;0).

26/7/2019 9:48 AM  #14

Bristol Biguns Kings of War Campaign.

Just ask to join and will sign you up ;0).

26/7/2019 10:26 AM  #15

Perfect, thanks Steve, request to join is done 😁

Board footera