Bristol Big'Uns
Welcome to our forums. The Bristol Big'Uns are a group of people who enjoy fantasy, science fiction and historical wargames. We tend to play mostly table-top wargames but you will sometimes see CCGs, CMGs, RPGs or board games. If this sounds like a hobby you currently enjoy then why not come along. The club is based at Iron Acton, between Bristol and Yate, in the recently refurbished Parish Hall and is held Sunday evenings from 6 pm until 10 pm. There are tables and chairs available plus various sized scenic mats and terrain for table-top wargames. Please bring with you any drinks or snacks that you require.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

13/11/2018 1:31 PM  #1

D&D

Hi guys, when I was in the club on Sunday I noticed some 2nd edition d&d books. Is some one running a campaign or using it for a different game system? Cheers Dave 

25/11/2018 12:12 PM  #2

Re: D&D

I was returning them to Nige as He had lent them to me and I had finished running my campaign. Nige is currently running a 5th (current) Edition game but we don’t play at the club.
I’ll be starting a new 1st Edition Advanced D&D game at some point next year.

Jordan

25/11/2018 5:00 PM  #3

Cool myself and some friends one that is a member of the club have been playing 5th edition been having a great time with it, love my rogue kills everything. The chapter for this adventure is coming to a close and I'm going to be running starfinder this will be the first time I'll be dming 😲 also been saying to the group may be running an older edition just for something different I have ordered AD&D rules compendium give that a try. Where are you not running the campaigns you been playing local?

02/12/2018 11:01 PM  #4

I’m really enjoying being a player in 5th Edition though when I return to DMing I’ll stick with my 1st love of AD&D.
We don’t play it at the club as I started running my campaign at a friends house before I started coming to the Big Uns and met Nige and later Ken so we just continued it from there.
When I start DMing again, it’ll likely be at the club. You’re welcome to join in.
I’ve DM/GMed a few games over the years so if you need any tips or advice, don’t hesitate to ask.

Jordan

02/12/2018 11:53 PM  #5

Hi Dave,
I played AD&D way back in the day when it first came out, graduated to 3.5 but then the group all moved to various parts of country. So was chuffed when Jordan said he played D&D. I have been playing at Jordan's friedns Sam for a while, intially with Jordan as DM, but with his munchkin being born he wanted to just be a character, so i took over DM'ing with the campaign in the new 5th edition starter set. Now having played 5th edition it is without doubt the best edition i have played. If there was enough interest with club memebers it woul be good to geta campaign on the go.

What do you think?

Nige

"We consider this our duty - to defend humanity against the scourge of intolerance, violence and fanaticism." (Massoud)

03/12/2018 8:00 AM  #6

Yeah sounds good I'll have a word with some other friends about it.

05/3/2019 4:51 PM  #7

Hi Dave. We’re in the motion of starting a new D&D campaign to be played monthly at the club. Are you interested in taking part?

Jordan

Board footera