Bristol Big'Uns
Welcome to our forums. The Bristol Big'Uns are a group of people who enjoy fantasy, science fiction and historical wargames. We tend to play mostly table-top wargames but you will sometimes see CCGs, CMGs, RPGs or board games. If this sounds like a hobby you currently enjoy then why not come along. The club is based at Iron Acton, between Bristol and Yate, in the recently refurbished Parish Hall and is held Sunday evenings from 6 pm until 10 pm. There are tables and chairs available plus various sized scenic mats and terrain for table-top wargames. There is a 'tuck shop' happily providing crisps, chocolate and fizzy drinks plus tea and coffee at a reasonable price.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

18/3/2018 8:15 AM  #1

Events

You will be taken to a different website.

Tring Wargames here which is current 2021

There are others

Last edited by Dread Lord (26/3/2021 9:07 AM)

By the power of Greyskull!

03/4/2019 8:16 PM  #2

Re: Events

Anyone going to Salute by public transport needs to be aware the Customs House DLR station for Excel will be closed on Saturday.

Brilliant timing!

13/5/2019 4:58 PM  #3

Starts 1000hrs to 1230hrs, £2 early bird access 0930 £4.

"We consider this our duty - to defend humanity against the scourge of intolerance, violence and fanaticism." (Massoud)

10/6/2019 6:05 PM  #4

Anybody heard of this event?

Bristol gaming con August 31st- 1st September. At wellsway school keysham.

Link to tickets:

https://www.mooseeventsuk.com/bristol-gaming-con?fbclid=IwAR0FaFzcLcAcgcTXjglwSBEmKSsNz3qX40yoO81NChb6Tx2OkkdDAifBHcw

"We consider this our duty - to defend humanity against the scourge of intolerance, violence and fanaticism." (Massoud)

31/1/2021 10:55 AM  #5

Somethings to look forward to: 27th November: Warfare @ Ascot Racecourse AND Salute 2021!

Here's hoping...

If you want to get ahead in life - get an axe.

John.

29/4/2021 6:22 PM  #6

picked this up from Martin Goddard (Peter Pig):

Colours at Newbury race course.

Sadly this show has been cancelled for 2021.

If you want to get ahead in life - get an axe.

John.

29/4/2021 10:09 PM  #7

Attack has been cancelled [until 2022] due to the fact that it's held in the school and the school felt that having loads of hairy gamers mooching about in the school would compromise the health secruity that they have in place to keep the school a safe enviroment for the pupils and the pupils must come first.

Nige

29/4/2021 10:12 PM  #8

Ref IPMS 8th August:

Craig, had this from the organisers of the show, and he wants to know if the Big’uns would be interested in attending & even putting on a game?

Hi Craig, 

Very, very long time since we contacted each other & I hope that despite all the on-going disruption that all is good with you. As you may, or may not know, our show is booked in for Sunday 8th August, again at the leisure centre in Thornbury. I have been contacted by modelling clubs & traders who have asked whether our show will go ahead. The simple answer I've been giving is that the venue is booked and until the government's announcement on the 21st June and what we will all be allowed to do, we can't say for sure whether the show will go ahead. I have had a chat with Alan Roffey who is doing the floor plans and discussed with him whether we would be able to organise the show in a period of just over 6 weeks!! There are a lot of factors influencing this, here are some of some.

• Will there have to be any kind of restrictions around spacing of displays?
  • Will there be a limit on capacity?
  • Will attendees have to wear masks?
  • How many of the club members (both our clubs) will be in a position to help out at the weekend?

It is likely that if our show goes ahead, it'll be the first large modelling show of the year. Coventry & Warwickshire IPMS are proposing to hold their show on 1st August at an aviation museum, but the size is much smaller than what we put on. So, with that in mind, do you know what the situation is around the potential for wargaming clubs and traders wanting to attend shows? 

Take care. Best wishes Andy

Last edited by Magwr (29/4/2021 10:13 PM)

01/5/2021 5:02 PM  #9

I would hopefully be attending the show Nigel and if others are up for it I’d be up for helping out run a game if I can.

Board footera