Bristol Big'Uns
Welcome to our forums. The Bristol Big'Uns are a group of people who enjoy fantasy, science fiction and historical wargames. We tend to play mostly table-top wargames but you will sometimes see CCGs, CMGs, RPGs or board games. If this sounds like a hobby you currently enjoy then why not come along. The club is based at Iron Acton, between Bristol and Yate, in the recently refurbished Parish Hall and is held Sunday evenings from 6 pm until 10 pm. There are tables and chairs available plus various sized scenic mats and terrain for table-top wargames. Please bring with you any drinks or snacks that you require.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05/7/2018 6:31 PM  #1

40K Kill Team.

If you want to get ahead in life - get an axe.

John.

05/7/2018 8:33 PM  #2

Re: 40K Kill Team.

Hi John,

Nice heads up.

Now this looks very interesting. Any idea when it’s due out?

Nige

"We consider this our duty - to defend humanity against the scourge of intolerance, violence and fanaticism." (Massoud)

06/7/2018 10:03 AM  #3

Sorry Nige, none too sure, but not too long I'd guess.

Cheers

John.

07/7/2018 7:08 PM  #4

Notice that there are "Faction Focus" articles here: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/07/06/kill-team-faction-focus-index/

Enjoy

John.

08/7/2018 8:03 AM  #5

I can feel the pull of the Warp already!

Dreads

By the power of Greyskull!

08/7/2018 9:13 AM  #6

A bit to grim dark for me plus just started getting in to Deadzone (if anyone fancies giving that a go just give me a nod ;0).).

08/7/2018 10:36 AM  #7

Yes - I might have an interest in this as its similar in concept to what I am doing with the Projekt X WW2 rules and of course, somewhere I still have a squad of painted Orks!

Kind regards
Rob
www.scarabminiatures.com
www.warandconquest.co.uk

10/7/2018 11:06 PM  #8

Just had a brill day at BIG with Alan, mike & Howard. Chatting to Jim, the owner of BIG, the starter kill team box retails at £80, he’s taking preorders at 15% discount. He should get all the preorders in at the end of July for those who did preorder to pick up.

So I ordered one.

Nige

"We consider this our duty - to defend humanity against the scourge of intolerance, violence and fanaticism." (Massoud)

11/7/2018 8:24 AM  #9

There’s no helping you Nige ;0).

12/7/2018 5:45 PM  #10

Can't seem to find the book online to get a price but I need to make contact with Jim anyway about the October event details so can ask him them

cheers
Rob

Kind regards
Rob
www.scarabminiatures.com
www.warandconquest.co.uk

13/7/2018 10:10 AM  #11

Hi Steve,
well, at the discount he offered me i thought it would be rude not to buy it.
Plus, it adds another nice sc-fi skirmish game to the melting pot for people to try out with deadzone as well. From the look of it the terrain can be used in deadzone. I'm still going to get a team to use with deadzone.
see you sunday.
nige

26/7/2018 12:38 PM  #12

Been watching some YouTube Kill Team action.

Hoping to pick up my copy Saturday.

Cheers

John.

26/7/2018 2:26 PM  #13

Hi John,
Picking my copy up on sunday from BIG, looks like some games on the horizon for you & me
nige

26/7/2018 5:37 PM  #14

Although a died-in-the-walĺ Black Legion devotee, I'll  be looking to press into use some of the box sets accumulated over the years. These include Tyranids, Guard & Orks.

Decisions,  decisions.

Cheers

John.

06/8/2018 3:21 PM  #15

BIG are reintroducing Kill Team Fridays.

I'm hoping to march at the head of my Black Legion, with a Tzeench taint, this  Friday.

3 games in an evening, all for a £5. Check out thier FB page.

Cheers

John.

11/8/2018 12:06 PM  #16

I went along to Bristol Independent Gaming last night for the Kill Team Friday event.  16 players took part.

There was a fair variety of forces at the event, although I faced Tyranids twice and had a game against Harlequins. In each game my force was decimated, but I improved as the evening went on.
I tried out a Tzeentch marked Black Legion force. As Tzeentch’s Sacred Number is 9, I used 9 figures costing 99 points.

Unsurprisingly I came 16th, but I thoroughly enjoyed myself in my first three games of Kill Team.
I am already looking forward to September’s Kill Team Friday event on the 14th.

Cheers for now

John.

11/8/2018 6:43 PM  #17

Thanks for that John I hope to take a look at a copy soon and if my Orcs materialise from somewhere in the loft  I might try out a game or two

Kind regards
Rob
www.scarabminiatures.com
www.warandconquest.co.uk

13/8/2018 9:41 AM  #18

If the warp doesn't disgorge your green hoard, there's always the Orc expansion set, out now...

John.

15/8/2018 11:18 AM  #19

I've knocked up the Heretic Astartes tactic cards, should you be interested.
Although I've prepared some backs, I've actually used Level 3 tactic cards.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pHt7fJNqMMPqSkHG_l5UwVWC0adZhT0r

Enjoy

John.

Board footera