Bristol Big'Uns
Welcome to our forums. The Bristol Big'Uns are a group of people who enjoy fantasy, science fiction and historical wargames. We tend to play mostly table-top wargames but you will sometimes see CCGs, CMGs, RPGs or board games. If this sounds like a hobby you currently enjoy then why not come along. The club is based at Iron Acton, between Bristol and Yate, in the recently refurbished Parish Hall and is held Sunday evenings from 6 pm until 10 pm. There are tables and chairs available plus various sized scenic mats and terrain for table-top wargames. Please bring with you any drinks or snacks that you require.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

17/6/2018 7:12 PM  #1

IPMS Show

Craig Austin enquired whether we wanted to put a game on at the event 5 August.  I said I  would ask....

Cheers

If you want to get ahead in life - get an axe.

John.

17/6/2018 10:48 PM  #2

Re: IPMS Show

I’ll check with S.W.M.B.O if i’m free ;0).
If I am i’d be happy to run the Kings of War demo game I ran at the Reville last year if I can get some willing helpers?

01/7/2018 10:24 AM  #3

If I can make the date I will help on a game for some or all the day - the calendar is currently clear but of course as we all know - that means NOTHING

If I can make it - as an alternative what about What a Tanker using 1/48th scale tanks (or any scale for that matter)? or we can do KOW in the morning, WAT in the pm    - just need a few buildings (28mm types are fine for 1/48th) and some form of terrain board/mat - I have plenty of tanks!

Kind regards
Rob
www.scarabminiatures.com
www.warandconquest.co.uk

05/7/2018 12:53 PM  #4

Are we able to support this by putting a game on? Just had a reminder from Craig.

Cheers

John.

05/7/2018 1:07 PM  #5

As there is a lot of interest in WAT at club at the moment that would probably be the best option, so if you want to take that forward Rob i’d be happy to help out on the day.

05/7/2018 4:20 PM  #6

I always go to this show for the whole day, so would be willing to help out with a WaT. In between shopping forays.🙄

Nige

"We consider this our duty - to defend humanity against the scourge of intolerance, violence and fanaticism." (Massoud)

09/7/2018 2:01 PM  #7

Nige is looking to take this forward, with a WaT offering. He is looking for volunteers to assist. These should preferably be willing.

Step forward, so Nige can take your name...

John.

09/7/2018 5:57 PM  #8

I haven't had opportunity to talk with Barbara about my availability for this yet, but will do so when the right moment presents it self - I doubt I can do the whole day but should be able to do a decent chunk - do you want my 1/48th tanks (on loan - not forever!!) or are you doing a different scale?

Kind regards
Rob
www.scarabminiatures.com
www.warandconquest.co.uk

11/7/2018 8:26 AM  #9

Happy to help out on the day as long as I get time to do some shopping  ;0).

11/7/2018 1:55 PM  #10

Ta Steve, we do need at least one more to help all day, two would mean we get to do shopping. Two of us is not a viable amount for all day on our feet with the punters. I’m catering for three per side, Alan will lend us his tanks & terrain ( we will need a club mat).

If there’s only two of us for the whole day it’s too much. I stopped doing the wings at shows as it ended up with me & one other & at the end of the day we were exhausted & we felt really ill. So we both stopped. I’m not go8ng to go down that road again.

If we get two more to fully commit to doing the whole day then it’s a go. If we don’t it’s way too much, it’s then not fun nor an enjoyable experience.

We will have a chat on Sunday as we play deadzone.

Nige

"We consider this our duty - to defend humanity against the scourge of intolerance, violence and fanaticism." (Massoud)

11/7/2018 4:08 PM  #11

Totally agree there Nige.

16/7/2018 10:13 AM  #12

It's been decided we will not be putting on a game at this show. The organiser has been informed.

John.

18/7/2018 12:13 AM  #13

I would be happy to join in What a Tanker if it’s not too late.

Jordan

27/7/2018 9:50 AM  #14

Lincombe barn are putting a particpation game of WaT after all, noticed it on newsletter chatter.

So there will still be an opportunity for anyone to play WaT at IPMS after all, Jordan.

Don’t know what scale they are doing it in though.

Nige

28/7/2018 7:10 AM  #15

I wonder if they are planning to similar at Reveille? No point in there being 2 WaTs.

Alan

28/7/2018 9:55 AM  #16

Alan,
I have been in contact with craig about a table for our WaT and he didn't mention anything about them doing one. Once IPMS is over he said he will sort out bookings for reveille. I planned to speak to him and Andy at IPMS about our WaT so will address that issue with them.
Nige

Board footera