Bristol Big'Uns
Welcome to our forums. The Bristol Big'Uns are a group of people who enjoy fantasy, science fiction and historical wargames. We tend to play mostly table-top wargames but you will sometimes see CCGs, CMGs, RPGs or board games. If this sounds like a hobby you currently enjoy then why not come along. The club is based at Iron Acton, between Bristol and Yate, in the recently refurbished Parish Hall and is held Sunday evenings from 6 pm until 10 pm. There are tables and chairs available plus various sized scenic mats and terrain for table-top wargames. Please bring with you any drinks or snacks that you require.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16/5/2018 1:56 PM  #1

Big Al Trophy

I'd like to see us compete for this trophy once more.

WaT seems popular atm, so the campaign could be the prime candidate.

Not sure who has the trophy currently though.

Last edited by Old g*t (24/5/2018 1:43 PM)

If you want to get ahead in life - get an axe.

John.

21/5/2018 8:05 AM  #2

Re: Big Al Trophy

I agree and I think I may have the trophy. Whoever wins WaT gets the trophy for 6 months. We need to think of another system for the next Big Al as not everyone plays WaT.

Dreads

By the power of Greyskull!

21/5/2018 9:05 AM  #3

Sounds like a good plan.
We should have some sort of results tread where we can post up details of games played and coming up. Plus some sort of league table so we know who’s winning.
Pinned of course.
What you think Tank Ace Herr Dreads ;0).

Last edited by Lurkus Spleen (21/5/2018 8:45 PM)

21/5/2018 9:14 AM  #4

Dreads,

Strange you propose WaT, considering you achieved ace status with 5 kills whilst most of us got blown out our tanks, hmmm there’s something rotten in the state of Denmark me thinks....  

LoL

Nige

"We consider this our duty - to defend humanity against the scourge of intolerance, violence and fanaticism." (Massoud)

21/5/2018 8:34 PM  #5

As 'Two Kills Rob' I think its a fine idea!

I don't have the rules (yet), I played last night with a play sheet (thanks Kev) and a loaned Panzer II tank (thanks Simon) The game is very simple to pick up and with lots of spare tanks with club members its really open to everyone and was good fun.

Kind regards
Rob
www.scarabminiatures.com
www.warandconquest.co.uk

24/5/2018 12:28 PM  #6

I think we should go with WaT this time. As for next time I suggest that we raise a separate topic calling for suggestions, and after say a month, we hold a vote on the preferred period.

Is it possible to have a poll facility within our forum Dave?

Cheers

John.

26/5/2018 6:20 PM  #7

We can run a Doodle Poll John. I'll sort it out closer to the time.

Dreads

By the power of Greyskull!

27/8/2018 4:21 PM  #8

Not sure where the WaT campaign is at. Has it come to a natural conclusion?

Should we get on with deciding what we want to go for in the next 'season' of the Big Al trophy?

Cheers

John.

Board footera