Bristol Big'Uns
Welcome to our forums. The Bristol Big'Uns are a group of people who enjoy fantasy, science fiction and historical wargames. We tend to play mostly table-top wargames but you will sometimes see CCGs, CMGs, RPGs or board games. If this sounds like a hobby you currently enjoy then why not come along. The club is based at Iron Acton, between Bristol and Yate, in the recently refurbished Parish Hall and is held Sunday evenings from 6 pm until 10 pm. There are tables and chairs available plus various sized scenic mats and terrain for table-top wargames. Please bring with you any drinks or snacks that you require.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01/5/2018 9:23 PM  #1

X-Wing v2

Checkout my #Hobbystreak on Twitter https://twitter.com/bluesquareman

02/5/2018 6:45 PM  #2

Re: X-Wing v2

The upgrade kits to go to v2 look like an expensive way to continue with the game

02/5/2018 9:12 PM  #3

My thoughts as well, I’ve got enough to play in the campaign or just a couple of ships for two players. This reminds me of other companies who tweak the rules (when just an updated rulebook is all it needs) throw in some better sculpted figures call it x edition & charge the Earth. GMT games (board games) has the right idea with their living rules or if a substantial new edition is done they offer an upgrade kit to those who have the original edition.

Nige

"We consider this our duty - to defend humanity against the scourge of intolerance, violence and fanaticism." (Massoud)

03/5/2018 2:32 PM  #4

I think I'll stick with what I've got. Might be worth selling on some of my less used stuff. HotAC all the way!

Dreads

By the power of Greyskull!

04/5/2018 6:13 AM  #5

Having listened to a number of the podcasts describing the changes, they could be really good especially as older models like the iconic x-wing and millennium falcon are just not competitive.   Like everyone else, I am dismayed by the cost to change; bundling all the dials etc for a faction into one conversion kit may make sense for FFG and “die hard” competitive players but not for casual players.  I would spring for the new starter (damage deck, counters and moveable models) but three faction kits as well...  Ouch

As the new app is supposed to be the cornerstone, I hope that the community comes up with unofficial mods to cheaply update as you require (eg print you own new base toppers onto sticky labels, 3D print new dials etc) but until that happens will be happy with just HoTAC.

ps:  Happy Star Wars Day to you all

Last edited by Ujkakevin (04/5/2018 6:14 AM)

04/5/2018 9:52 AM  #6

May the 4th be with you.

By the power of Greyskull!

Board footera