Bristol Big'Uns
Welcome to our forums. The Bristol Big'Uns are a group of people who enjoy fantasy, science fiction and historical wargames. We tend to play mostly table-top wargames but you will sometimes see CCGs, CMGs, RPGs or board games. If this sounds like a hobby you currently enjoy then why not come along. The club is based at Iron Acton, between Bristol and Yate, in the recently refurbished Parish Hall and is held Sunday evenings from 6 pm until 10 pm. There are tables and chairs available plus various sized scenic mats and terrain for table-top wargames. Please bring with you any drinks or snacks that you require.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

19/6/2020 1:14 PM  #1

IMPORTANT INFORMATION Covid 19

Message from the Parish Hall Committee and a link to 2 risk assessments. Familiarise yourselves with them.

IRON ACTON PARISH HALL MANAGEMENT COMMITTEEUPDATE REGARDING RE-OPENING THE HALL FOLLOWING LOCKDOWNWe have just received the latest guidance regarding re-opening after lockdown of Village Halls and Community Centres in South Gloucestershire.  Please would you all read the guidance from the following link : -  http://www.wern.org.uk/village-halls/

The Committee have completed a risk assessment considering the importance of social distancing and heightened cleaning regimes. There are a number of things included in that assessment which we will need all hirers to agree to before groups can restart.  Please read the attached document.

The Government guidelines require each hiring group to complete a basic risk assessment prior to restarting. I would be very grateful if you could ask a member of your group to complete this as soon as possible and forward it to me.

It is expected that community buildings will be able to open from July 6th. It is likely that some of the details will change in early July from the guidance being given now. We will only open if we think it is safe to do so and that it may not be possible to restart all the activities straight away.

Please would you complete the attached questionnaire so that we may assess how many groups are wanting to return and when.  Please consider the number of people permitted in each room.  (see risk assessment).Any electrical equipment being brought to the Hall must be tested and cleaned before being brought in.If you have any questions, please feel free to email or call me to discuss. Tel 01454 228405.
This is probably the first of many communications we shall have over the next few weeks, exciting times!
Kind regards
Meryl Cook
On behalf of the Trustees

Risk Assessments

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pOtwjKdtMlBdu_8kcN27a_3SO3c-MIvQ?usp=sharing

Please reply to this thread once you have read the risk assessments.

Dreads

By the power of Greyskull!

19/6/2020 1:44 PM  #2

Re: IMPORTANT INFORMATION Covid 19

All read.

19/6/2020 2:33 PM  #3

Read

Checkout my #Hobbystreak on Twitter https://twitter.com/bluesquareman

19/6/2020 3:41 PM  #4

I've read all documents.

If you want to get ahead in life - get an axe.

John.

19/6/2020 3:52 PM  #5

Interesting reads

19/6/2020 6:17 PM  #6

Read 👍

19/6/2020 6:54 PM  #7

Read. where's attached questionaire?as see no attachments to this.

"We consider this our duty - to defend humanity against the scourge of intolerance, violence and fanaticism." (Massoud)

19/6/2020 9:43 PM  #8

read

20/6/2020 3:21 PM  #9

Magwr wrote:

Read. where's attached questionaire?as see no attachments to this.

It was just asking if there would be any changes to our activities. I said no.

20/6/2020 11:23 PM  #10

Read

21/6/2020 8:03 AM  #11

Read

21/6/2020 11:20 AM  #12

Read

With the likely change to 1m social distancing - we should be good to go once a majority of the membership feel ready to return.
It would be worth adding to our risk assessment if you feel ill - don't come to club and let members know you are feeling ill in case contact was made previous week - this will help 'track and trace' - and also if its not covid - then also follow up and let us know as well

We should have a discussion about wearing face masks while at club and adding that to our risk assessment as compulsary. While I have not worn one as part of my job (and I am still out there working every day - I do have a mask in case I need it), the fact we are inside for several hours and close to one another makes it essential - we should remember we are not just protecting ourselves, its about protecting our families and the wider social group and slowing down and spread of the infection.

As a club we will need to work together regarding cleaning at the end of the session rather than just leaving it to one or two as I suspect the cleaning will need to be done with surgical precision.
I would suggest an earlier finish time to accommodate this and ensure we can have a team effort to get the job done.
As we need to provide cleaning materials we best agree with IAPHC what we are providing in case theres some preference or rules regarding brands used

Once there's some more guidance we can start a conversation about when we return but I don't think we should jump straight back in. With all thats going on currently the chance of a second wave is about 50 50 in my opinion possibly higher.

Last edited by robb (21/6/2020 11:28 AM)

Kind regards
Rob
www.scarabminiatures.com
www.warandconquest.co.uk

22/6/2020 9:05 AM  #13

Can we keep this thread just as a record of who has read the risk assessments please. I've started a separate thread for discussions.

Dreads

22/6/2020 4:53 PM  #14

Documents read.

23/6/2020 6:17 PM  #15

Apologies 

Kind regards
Rob
www.scarabminiatures.com
www.warandconquest.co.uk