Bristol Big'Uns
Welcome to our forums. The Bristol Big'Uns are a group of people who enjoy fantasy, science fiction and historical wargames. We tend to play mostly table-top wargames but you will sometimes see CCGs, CMGs, RPGs or board games. If this sounds like a hobby you currently enjoy then why not come along. The club is based at Iron Acton, between Bristol and Yate, in the recently refurbished Parish Hall and is held Sunday evenings from 6 pm until 10 pm. There are tables and chairs available plus various sized scenic mats and terrain for table-top wargames. Please bring with you any drinks or snacks that you require.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15/10/2019 8:15 AM  #1

Club game at Reveille 24th November

Last year we put on a What a Tanker participation game loosely called a dust up in the desert. It was well received and we had a lot of fun. We are sticking with WaT again this year but transferring to the Normandy theatre with a scenario titled Barkmann corner. Basically it is an Ace Panther against any number of Shermans. Can you score kills commanding the Panther or will you be overwhelmed by weight of numbers or can a plucky Sherman commander take out the BIg Cat with a great shot?

To get everyone in you mood I will stage the game at the club on 10th November. Let me know if can play on the 10th and if you can spare some time to help stage the game at Reveille.

If anyone has suitable publicity material for the club we can hand out on the day please let me know.

Thanks

Alan 

27/10/2019 8:54 AM  #2

Re: Club game at Reveille 24th November

Having noticed that the planned start of the KOW campaign is also 10th November getting everyone involved with WaT is not going to work. Could you post here if you are going to Reveille either to join in with WaT or to "hang around" our table promoting our club and the variety of games we play. If anyone can knock up some publicity material that will great.

If anyone is around next Friday (1st) from 1pm at Bristol Independent Gaming we are running through the WaT game. You will be welcome to join in.

Thanks

Alan    

27/10/2019 10:38 AM  #3

Hi mate,
I should be at Reveille for some time so happy to help a bit, as for advertising I think there some still in the Cupboard.

28/10/2019 4:58 PM  #4

Thanks Steve

Alan

Board footera