Bristol Big'Uns
Welcome to our forums. The Bristol Big'Uns are a group of people who enjoy fantasy, science fiction and historical wargames. We tend to play mostly table-top wargames but you will sometimes see CCGs, CMGs, RPGs or board games. If this sounds like a hobby you currently enjoy then why not come along. The club is based at Iron Acton, between Bristol and Yate, in the recently refurbished Parish Hall and is held Sunday evenings from 6 pm until 10 pm. There are tables and chairs available plus various sized scenic mats and terrain for table-top wargames. Please bring with you any drinks or snacks that you require.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28/9/2019 1:23 AM  #1

Kings of War slow grow kicks off 10th November

Morning all,

It’s been a while since this was last mentioned. Well the new rules launch is a mere month away and there has been some pockets of activity starting armies. I thought it would be a good idea to put out a bit more info🙂

3rd ed releases on 21st October so we will have the first games for the campaign on 10th November. This allows some time to tinker with lists and read through the rules.

The first evening will be 500 point games, with the aim of getting 2 each in that evening.

After that the intention will be to have subsequent KoW nights on the second Sunday of each month with forces increasing by 250 points a month for the next four months.

I am planning on putting together a little campaign map and allotting territories so the outcomes of each game shape the map.

Can you let me know if you will be taking part in the campaign and if you will be playing on the 10th November so we can do a draw for opponents and make a start on the map.

Thanks

Ed

28/9/2019 6:18 AM  #2

Re: Kings of War slow grow kicks off 10th November

Im in and barring any unforeseen circumstances, will be there on 10/11

28/9/2019 9:09 AM  #3

I’m in 😎, time to release the Abyssal Horde 😈.

30/9/2019 12:16 PM  #4

Anymore takers for games of 3rd ed on 10th of November? We have an odd number at the moment so at least one more would be great, three more fantastic and five... well that would be very special indeed😀

30/9/2019 7:15 PM  #5

Im in, not 100% sure what army yet, but either way will be from up north and have snow on their boots.

01/10/2019 8:34 AM  #6

The Goblins will be there!

Mike

01/10/2019 8:55 AM  #7

Looking good, so far we have:

Nightstalkers
Goblins
Abyssals
Basileans
And something from the North

Room for some more though🙂.

Ed

03/10/2019 7:29 PM  #8

I am in. Will need to sort out a dreadball night shuffle too.

03/10/2019 7:44 PM  #9

Excellent. Agreed on the dreadball, need a couple more games before January🙂

24/10/2019 7:49 PM  #10

Hi guys, as I've put up on Facebook I've got the starter set coming my way hopefully soon. So I might be able to join on the 10th. Could someone take me under their wing I only played a couple of games of second edition a while back.

24/10/2019 8:01 PM  #11

Hi Dave, not a problem. Even if your set hasn’t turned up if you join on the 10th i’m sure can arrange some troops for you.

I’m going to put another update out tomorrow.

Ed

25/10/2019 7:43 PM  #12

Whilst I doubt I will have a copy of the rules, provided I can access an army list I might well take a stab at joining in.

Either Dark Elves or Orcs/Goblins.

No guarantees as yet though, that first November weekend includes the girls Birthdays! 

Kind regards
Rob
www.scarabminiatures.com
www.warandconquest.co.uk

25/10/2019 9:19 PM  #13

Twilight Kin (Dark Elves) don’t have a list yet as this will be a theme list in the Army book coming out in December, a mix of Elves & Nightstalkers if I’ve heard correctly 😈.
Remember Orcs and Goblins are separate armies in Kings and both have new army lists in the core rules book.
We’re only doing small games on the 10th so if you bring some stuff along you’ll can easily knock up a force to play on the evening 😎.

26/10/2019 12:47 PM  #14

As I am grounded with work, I would love to join in.  Got the starter set today and looking to play filthy Nightstalkers...

Board footera