Bristol Big'Uns
Welcome to our forums. The Bristol Big'Uns are a group of people who enjoy fantasy, science fiction and historical wargames. We tend to play mostly table-top wargames but you will sometimes see CCGs, CMGs, RPGs or board games. If this sounds like a hobby you currently enjoy then why not come along. The club is based at Iron Acton, between Bristol and Yate, in the recently refurbished Parish Hall and is held Sunday evenings from 6 pm until 10 pm. There are tables and chairs available plus various sized scenic mats and terrain for table-top wargames. Please bring with you any drinks or snacks that you require.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28/7/2019 8:50 AM  #1

What's your secret

Hi peeps,thought I just sparked off a conversation about our hobby. What Miniatures have you been collecting but not really talked about on the forum and the club. Myself it's been malifaux I played some of 1st edition had the Rulebook for the 2nd but never played it, but now the 3rd one's coming out so I was thinking about having a look. Always liked the Miniatures very unique. Random I know  😁 cheers Dave 

29/7/2019 9:05 AM  #2

Re: What's your secret

Random, but a great question. My not that secret, but definitely fourth tier hobby time commitment is Age of Sigmar. GWs sculpts have gone from strength to strength loving Tzeentch, but also a lot of the Empire stuff pre AOS was interesting. I was planning on spending the rest of the year on these projects and then 3rd edition KOW happened and a new season of Underworlds is on its way.

30/7/2019 3:49 PM  #3

Read the title and thought I'd come to the wrong "Big'uns" website...

I collect 28mm scifi minis to do Scifi Pulp Alley games, everything from random necrons to Mantic star saga minis to scratch built shuttles and themed terrain bits..

Along with a shedload if 15mm scifi armies for Gruntz that I havent played in a few years.

I have a bunch of the starter factions for Arcworlde which I've played a few games of, but didnt find any other players for regular games of it. Same with Dropzone commander and Pulp Alley.

Last edited by soldado (30/7/2019 5:18 PM)

30/7/2019 4:12 PM  #4

I’ve got back into collecting old D&D Miniatures, trying to pick up some of my old favourites which I got shot of years ago and paint them up again plus painting up my Reaper Bones 4 stuff.

31/7/2019 5:50 PM  #5

I quite like my large all day games with lots of figures. So still working my way through a target had since a kid and made my first airfix tank. A full British tank division to go up against a full panzer division all in 20mm or 1/72 old money. Looking at Command Decision Test of Battle for rules, though admittedly never actually played a game using them.

04/8/2019 10:41 AM  #6

My secret is i'm actually superman... hence the glasses.

07/8/2019 5:49 PM  #7

I have recently received the Mythic battles kickstarter and have the Harry Potter stuff. So those are definitely different painting and gaming projects
Somewhere I have a Malifaux starter set if you need more Dave but off out to cut the lawn and can't remember what it is off hand!
I seem to recall a chap who looks like an undertaker though

Kind regards
Rob
www.scarabminiatures.com
www.warandconquest.co.uk

09/8/2019 11:49 AM  #8

robb wrote:

Somewhere I have a Malifaux starter set ... I seem to recall a chap who looks like an undertaker though

Sounds like the Resser master Nicodem (summon the dead) - currently in M3e he is languishing in a jail on Earth...

16/8/2019 4:23 PM  #9

Hmmm, what are my (guilty?) secrets. Far too many really. Where do i start...?

In 1989 I bought a huge lot of 6mm Franco Prussian war figures. Not yet painted of course but i am pacing myself...

Back in the 90's (?) I bought a large number of Mage Knight pre painted plastics. Not a bad game but these days they may need to be "repurposed"

Many many more unfinished projects but maybe when i retire...

02/9/2019 11:36 AM  #10

More of an open secret;  I've been taking part in a number of  ECW games using different rule sets. I'm currently trialling Peter Pig's Regiment of Foote.  I've even dug out my 15mm Royalist force. It needs work, but I've just primed 2 wings of musketeers. Heaven only knows what the top coat will end up like...

Cheers

If you want to get ahead in life - get an axe.

John.

Board footera