Bristol Big'Uns
Welcome to our forums. The Bristol Big'Uns are a group of people who enjoy fantasy, science fiction and historical wargames. We tend to play mostly table-top wargames but you will sometimes see CCGs, CMGs, RPGs or board games. If this sounds like a hobby you currently enjoy then why not come along. The club is based at Iron Acton, between Bristol and Yate, in the recently refurbished Parish Hall and is held Sunday evenings from 6 pm until 10 pm. There are tables and chairs available plus various sized scenic mats and terrain for table-top wargames. Please bring with you any drinks or snacks that you require.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

30/1/2019 7:48 PM  #1

Anyone for ME SBG Game this Sunday? 3rd Feb

Hi all,

Is anyone up for a Middle Earth SBG game this Sunday?

Cheers,

Dan

01/2/2019 4:24 PM  #2

Re: Anyone for ME SBG Game this Sunday? 3rd Feb

Hi Dan, can't do this weekend but if you're free on the 10th I'll be up for a game. Cheers Dave

01/2/2019 5:26 PM  #3

Hi Dan, despite suggesting I wouldn't be able to play on Sunday my situation has changed (childcare has been negotiated!)

So if you're still keen for a game let me know.

If so, did you want a game of 1000pts as suggested last time? Or perhaps a scenario from the Gondor at War book?

Cheers,

Andy

01/2/2019 5:43 PM  #4

Andy, that’s good news, yeah let’s do it. I’m happy to try one of the new scenarios. Do we need to work out which ones we have the models for?

Dave, thanks, Andy and I were discussing a game on the 10th already but if you are both in agreement we could try a scenario that works for three players? (I’ve not tried that yet so could be fun!)

01/2/2019 7:43 PM  #5

Sounds good mate! Happy with whatever scenario, although I don't have much of the new stuff (yet!).

Couple of suggestions, based on the fact I know you have the army of the dead we could do either the Docks of Harlond or the Dead Arrive (may have to take some Mahud in place of a second Mumak as I only have one...)

Alternatively, we could start a campaign from the beginning and start with scenario 1. Or indeed any of the osgilliath scenarios?

Cheers,

Andy

01/2/2019 9:23 PM  #6

Don’t mind, starting at the beginning sounds good. I think I have some of the required models but definitely not all (and mostly unpainted). Are you able to fill the gaps?

01/2/2019 10:09 PM  #7

Cool, sure yep. I'll bring some models along cheers!

Andy

06/2/2019 9:44 PM  #8

davec1980 wrote:

Hi Dan, can't do this weekend but if you're free on the 10th I'll be up for a game. Cheers Dave

Hi Dave,
You still up for a game on Sunday (10th)?
Andy is taking the night off so will be the two of us if you are still free?

Cheers
Dan

08/2/2019 7:46 AM  #9

Hi Dan, yes still come do a game 500pts practice game for a tournament I'm doing the following weekend. Cheers Dave 

08/2/2019 8:50 AM  #10

Excellent, ok I’ll work a 500pt list out. Any particular scenario you are wanting to practice or random?

08/2/2019 1:37 PM  #11

Random mate 

08/2/2019 1:45 PM  #12

Excellent, see you Sunday!

10/2/2019 11:27 AM  #13

Hi Dan, sorry mate I'm going to have to cancel tonight have a banging hangover.

10/2/2019 11:46 AM  #14

Ok no worries, another time then!
Hope you feel better!

Board footera