Bristol Big'Uns
Welcome to our forums. The Bristol Big'Uns are a group of people who enjoy fantasy, science fiction and historical wargames. We tend to play mostly table-top wargames but you will sometimes see CCGs, CMGs, RPGs or board games. If this sounds like a hobby you currently enjoy then why not come along. The club is based at Iron Acton, between Bristol and Yate, in the recently refurbished Parish Hall and is held Sunday evenings from 6 pm until 10 pm. There are tables and chairs available plus various sized scenic mats and terrain for table-top wargames. Please bring with you any drinks or snacks that you require.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

29/1/2019 8:42 PM  #1

Cruel Seas on 10th and 17th

Anybody fancy another foray into the channel on these days?

I have found a great play aid produced by Dave Manly [who is a designer of excellent naval rules] he has added a couple of things to add clarity and how boats actually perform [not making it more complex just a small tweak] He has clarified point blank range where a gun has a minimum range. point blank for these is minimum range +5cm. So the 3.7mm has a minimum rnage of 5cm so point blank is 5.1cm - 10cm.
No idea how to attach a file to this. so will put it on the clubs facebook page.

Nige

"We consider this our duty - to defend humanity against the scourge of intolerance, violence and fanaticism." (Massoud)

30/1/2019 9:31 AM  #2

Re: Cruel Seas on 10th and 17th

At moment it looks like I can make both dates Nigel. Keen to sail the ocean wave with my hearts of oak.

Thanks

Alan

30/1/2019 10:44 AM  #3

Play sheet is now up on club Facebook page.
Thanks Dreadlord ;0).

30/1/2019 2:54 PM  #4

Thanks Steve.

My Romans have sacrificed three virgins & a goat to Minerva, so your undead better watch out on Sunday.

"We consider this our duty - to defend humanity against the scourge of intolerance, violence and fanaticism." (Massoud)

30/1/2019 5:05 PM  #5

Beware the children of the Hydra’s teeth ;0).

31/1/2019 7:02 PM  #6

I already have a game with John booked for the 10th and am otherwise engaged on the 17th unfortunately

01/2/2019 10:08 AM  #7

I wouldn't mind having a go at the game on 10th if that's ok? 

01/2/2019 7:37 PM  #8

Yep, plenty of boats to speed about in.

Board footera