Bristol Big'Uns
Welcome to our forums. The Bristol Big'Uns are a group of people who enjoy fantasy, science fiction and historical wargames. We tend to play mostly table-top wargames but you will sometimes see CCGs, CMGs, RPGs or board games. If this sounds like a hobby you currently enjoy then why not come along. The club is based at Iron Acton, between Bristol and Yate, in the recently refurbished Parish Hall and is held Sunday evenings from 6 pm until 10 pm. There are tables and chairs available plus various sized scenic mats and terrain for table-top wargames. Please bring with you any drinks or snacks that you require.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

23/3/2018 5:55 PM  #1

War is coming 2018.

Chaps it's time to muster your force and raise your banners high.
On Sunday the 3rd of March I will be starting the KOW league again.
Any club member can join in by registering below.
Now down to the rules,I'm going to keep it quite simple.
1/All games to be played at club.
2/Your Army needs to be 2,000pts and you must use the same race for all game,Allies are allowed and can be changed each game.
3/Armies don't need to be painted.
4/You have to play 1 game against every other player in the league.
5/All results to be posted here (win/lose or draw) plus victory points as this will be used in case of a draw at the end of the league.
6/As for rules and scenarios we will be using the main rules book with the Clash of Kings 2018 updates,roll up as normal.
7/points, you get 3pts for a win,1pt for a draw & 0pts for a loss.
8/Time scale, let's be honest it will probably take us to the end of the year ;0).
So sign up know if you think you can become the King of war 2018 at the Biguns,I might try and sort out a few small prizes if enough club members are keen :o).

Cheers,Steve.

23/3/2018 5:56 PM  #2

Re: War is coming 2018.

1.                           P W D L  Kp     ts
1: Steve:Dwarfs.    5  5  0  0  7050 15
2: Simon:Nature.   3  2  0  1  3865  6
3: ODave:Nature.   2  1  0  1 1660  3
4: Dave:Undead.    3  0  0  3 1790  0
5: Mike:Herd.         2  0  0  2  1155  0
6: Alan:Rhordia.     1  0  0  1   555  0
7: Matt:Orcs.
8: Ken:Undead.
9: Rob:Kin.

Last edited by Lurkus Spleen (10/6/2018 9:34 PM)

01/4/2018 7:18 PM  #3

Win to Simon. VP 1665 to 280.

Dreads

By the power of Greyskull!

09/4/2018 4:26 PM  #4

My Dwarfs marched to War again last night to take on Simons tree huggers,when the dust settled all that remained of said huggers was a Centaur chief fleeing from the field ;0).
A win for the Dwarfs 1,885 to 380.
It was a cracking game and to say Simon’s dice were a bit cold is an understatement :0).

09/4/2018 5:41 PM  #5

He wasn't fleeing, he was just off to shops to get new dice! Honestly dwarfs always bigging themselves up, think are compensating for something. Plus there are rocks a plenty to make more stone elementals so I'm not quite down and out just yet.

13/4/2018 11:37 AM  #6

Steve and Simon have salute this weekend and will sort out your kings prize codes after. Apologies for being a slack git and not getting it done earlier.
If I remember I will try and send them tonight

Kind regards
Rob
www.scarabminiatures.com
www.warandconquest.co.uk

29/4/2018 8:27 PM  #7

Simon's Forces of Nature faced my Herd in the woods to play Secure the Field and triumphed very convincingly, inflicting 1820 points of damage against my paltry 340 in return.

Mike

10/6/2018 9:39 PM  #8

Well it’s been a while but managed to get another league game in against Alan.
Victory to my Dwarfs 6-1 on scenario point, 1,105 to 555 on kill points.
A real fun game mate, thanks.

Board footera