Bristol Big'Uns
Welcome to our forums. The Bristol Big'Uns are a group of people who enjoy fantasy, science fiction and historical wargames. We tend to play mostly table-top wargames but you will sometimes see CCGs, CMGs, RPGs or board games. If this sounds like a hobby you currently enjoy then why not come along. The club is based at Iron Acton, between Bristol and Yate, in the recently refurbished Parish Hall and is held Sunday evenings from 6 pm until 10 pm. There are tables and chairs available plus various sized scenic mats and terrain for table-top wargames. Please bring with you any drinks or snacks that you require.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04/11/2018 1:59 PM  #1

Communications Manager

During my drive home today from a Kill Team game there was a programme on the radio focussing on Instagram advertising businesses and other enterprises, which seemed an idea for the club.

Nick did make a start on getting a handle on such things, but of course his job change meant he can no longer take forward, so I  think we need someone else (who is a little modern communication savvy) to take forward.

Who would be interested in doing so?

Cheers

If you want to get ahead in life - get an axe.

John.

11/11/2018 3:07 PM  #2

Re: Communications Manager

Whilst a communications manager may be useful I think our issues are not communications.

I think our issues include: Tthere is no bus service to/from Iron Acton on Sunday evenings so you need a car. Some people can't do Sunday evenings (the Bath lads for eg). We don't play the "right" games - We've had a couple of enquiries about 40K lately for eg. 

Just my thoughts
Dreads

By the power of Greyskull!

12/11/2018 11:11 AM  #3

Thanks Dave, for taking matters forward following our discussion last night.

John.

13/11/2018 5:47 PM  #4

Hi guys, I thought I just put something up might come out of it it could be useful I don't know. Dave is right about the bus route I think that plays a massive part for people trying to get to the club. I think Facebook could be used a little more by members of the club. As I see people take pictures with their smartphones but don't post anything up I know I have and Steve also. If they would just put what game they're playing the points nothing major. It would make it look like the club is a little bit more active and then people might take an interest. It might be worth shutting down the Old forum and moving a lot of the old archive pictures from back in the day into the Facebook page. It just doesn't look that good anymore and appealing I think I might put people off. And the club doesn't run tournaments anymore that might be another reason why. I don't know how you can go about advertising in wargaming magazines but that might be worth a go and also some of the large shopping areas with big notice boards I don't know if that will be worth a go as well.
Is just things I popped into my head and not to be offensive in any way 😉
Cheers Dave

13/11/2018 6:14 PM  #5

Well done for donning your thinking cap and voicing your thoughts Dave.
I'm sure Dread Lord will take them on board.

Cheers

John.

Board footera